Old 11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Al

Default Drying bamboo?

I live in Southern California. My neighbor has had a "forest" of giant,
clumping bamboo growing in his yard for about 30 years. He is now
re-landscaping his yard and getting rid of the beautiful bamboo. I've
already got some of his "clumps" in my yard that I hope will grow strong.

In any case, I now have a large number of cut bamboo poles from 1.5" to more
than 5" across and 40'+ long.

I have a number of future uses for these but I need to find the best way to
dry.

Would it be better to cut the poles to about 12' (I won't need anything this
long) or should I try to dry in longer/shorter lengths?

I have a large yard and can stack or stand. Is it better to dry horizontal
or standing?

Thanks in advance!!

Al