Old 13-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Reel Mckoi

"hotpepper" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your reply, your pond pics look fantastic - if only I had
the space. I think with hindsight I would have drainded and cleaned it
but wasnt really sure. I will proably wait till late spring next year
and give it a good clean out.

My local garden centre does free pond water tests so I will go down
this weekend with my sample :-)

## Excellent.

I was hoping that the Orfes would keep the numbers down but I will
watch out if the numbers start racking up. I'm sure I can find people
to take them in my local area if the numbers get to much and will
reduce further as they get bigger.

## Good luck there! Everyone in my area have already taken all the fish
they want or need from us. I don't know what I'm going to do with the few
hundred koi and shubunkin fry behind the house. I already sold a bunch! I
have a tentative buyer but he doesn't want them until next March. The other
day I noticed my large pond has yet another crop of koi fry!

I hope the Filtration is top of the range - I spent a small fortune on
it - it filters the entire pond every 30 mins. The Filter spec is for
1500US gallons and the pond is aprox 800 US gallons - I quoted UK
gallons before.

## It sure sounds adequate. Although koi get quite large, if you were
willing to get rid of what you have now you can keep a pair of koi in an 800
gallon pond. We favor them over the goldfish any day, and may phase out the
goldfish (Shubunkins) altogether over time.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b