Old 15-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Daniel Morrow

Default I thgout I would introduce myself....

Hi all! I just thought I would introduce myself and say that I love the idea
of starting up a pond in my backyard sometime. Seems like goldfish would be
good enough fish for it and am wondering if the pond would need to be
protected with a wire fence to keep out predators like raccoons, birds,
etc.? I like the idea of using a carpet or astroturf like material beneath
the liner to maximize liner life. How long do liners usually last? The
outdoors can be a very hostile place, I know that some plastics will
disintegrate in the hot sun or water conditions. I'd love to set up a long
channel of rocks,etc. that the pumped water could flow through and get
oxygenated by. I heard that there are a lot of trolls here, if there are
then they should go away because I could really use this group for
assistance. Later all!