Old 16-09-2005, 03:44 PM
William Wagner

In article . com,
"rwwkv6" wrote:

To the veteran Pumpkin Grower,

I'm going to be starting my first pumpkin patch this spring, and I'm
stocking up on all of the general 'how to's' I can get. Any suggetions,
or tricks of the trade would be great. Thanks.

Rob.

I've seen local folks feed their pumpkin's milk. Also pruning down
to less fruit per vine a possibility to consider.

Bill

This came today Enjoy!

.................................................. ...........

4. Exploratorium: Science of Gardening [Macromedia Flash Player, Quick
Time]
http://www.exploratorium.edu/gardening/index.html

"Like all great endeavors gardening is both a science and an art", and
this new feature from the Exploratorium uses video clips, interactives,
photos, and articles to make this point in way that will appeal to
visitors of all ages. For example, the interactive Garden Variety
presents basic facts (vitals), information on seeds, and lore, for
vegetables and fruits such as peas and carrots, corn, strawberries, and
pumpkins. Visitors can also virtually tour a hydroponic greenhouse
located in the arctic, where fancy lettuces and herbs are growing
despite sub-zero temperatures, read a photo
essay about a pumpkin-growing competition in California, and learn how
grafting, hybridizing, and genetic engineering are used to develop new
plants. [DS]

Copyright Internet Scout Project, 1994-2005. The Internet Scout Project
(http://scout.wisc.edu/),
located in the Computer Sciences Department of the University of
Wisconsin-Madison, provides information about the Internet to the U.S.
research and education community under a grant from the National Science
Foundation, number NCR-9712163. The Government has certain rights in
this material. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim
copies of the entire Scout Report provided this paragraph, including the
copyright notice, are preserved on all copies.

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208
Moose I'm trying to understand why Kamikaze pilots wear helments?