Old 11-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Timothy

Default Wooden 4x4 vs Vinyl or Plastic posts?

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:03:16 -0800, dp wrote:

does anybody have any recommendations which material is cheaper/better
in teh long run? plastic, wooden or vinyl posts? any stories to share?
thanks
dp

Vinyl is final but not very strong. Not fimilar with plastic. Wood is good
but it doesn't have a long life span when incontact with dirt/water. Trex
( http://trex.com/ ) is a composit plastic/wood material used alot for
decking. They are making it in more sizes now. I use the 1/2 inch by 4inch
benderboards for edging alot. The dealer quoted me 20 years in the ground.
I hear that their are making 4x4's now, but I've havn't seen one yet.