Old 06-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Richard Wiltshire

Default Effect of dog urine on my plants

Does anyone know whether the tomato juice (or anything else) works for
cat urine as well? My neighbour's tabby needs educating ...

Stephen Howard wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:45:15 -0000, "Elaine MacGregor"
wrote:

Speaking of rain, I think that makes a big difference to the effect of the
urine. My bitch doesn't harm the grass at all during the winter, in fact we
have noticed that it is much more lush than it used to be (because I don't
feed the grass at all). During the summer there are brown circles of dead
grass on the lawn. I wonder, if you know exactly where the dogs are weeing,
you could water that area well and reap the benefits of the free fertilizer.

I'm told that adding a spoonful of tomato juice to your dog's dinner
somehow changes the chemical make-up of the urine and prevents it
burning plants.
I intend to trial this technique soon - assuming I run out of vodka
and Worcester sauce before tomato juice!

Regards, and cheers!