Old 07-01-2003, 02:43 PM

Default Filling in pond

"Pia" wrote in message
Hi all

I warn in advance that this is a rather long post.

We have quite a nice pond in the garden, which holds two enormous ghost

koi
(all inherited from previous owner of the house). However, we also have

an
18 month old highly active and inquisitive baby. So we have decided that
the pond will have to go.

An alternative would be to fit a strong metal mesh about an inch below the
surface of the water. You can buy mesh with a variety of different wire
thicknesses and holes sizes in large sheets, or cut to size, from Mirlyn
Wire in Hove, East Sussex. You would probably need to build some walls
inside the pond to give a secure support, but I suspect it would be a lot
less work than filling it in.

Colin Bignell