Old 07-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Pia

Default Filling in pond

"Mike" wrote in message

Snip

have already said it is attractive, and by the sounds of things
the fish are happy.

If it is because of the 18 month old I say no. And that is from someone
who has rescued a child from a garden pond, not breathing, and
resuscitating her.

snip lots of interesting stuff

I do see your point, and filling it in was in a way the "easy" (not
physically!!) option. We will look into putting a mesh over the top,
although it will perhaps not look too nice. We've also considered a fence
around it, but kids like climbing, so a fence is not really going to work.

Thanks for the long answer. We will definitely reconsider filling in the
pond...I myself quite like the wildlife (although I could live without the
frogs urgh!!).

Pia