Old 17-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Snooze

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm using a small pond pump (L G Sourcing Model MD 170) to operate a
contraption I built to open and close a small sliding wooden door on a
chicken coop on a timer. It pumps water into a jug

[snip]

How much water is in this system? If it's something fairly small, consider
insulating the jug, and using a small aquarium heater. A 50 watt heater will
use 36 kilowatt-hours a month. assuming you run it all day long, and will
keep 15 gal warm enough to prevent freezing. Just set the heater to the
lowest setting it can be set at, you don't need to keep it warm, just keep
it from freezing.

-S