Old 08-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Simon Avery

Default Filling in pond

"Pia" wrote:

Hello Pia

P I do see your point, and filling it in was in a way the
P "easy" (not physically!!) option. We will look into putting
P a mesh over the top, although it will perhaps not look too
P nice. We've also considered a fence around it, but kids
P like climbing, so a fence is not really going to work.

I hate to see ponds done away with too.

As it's not a particularly big pond, how about raising the ground
level around it and putting 2" square weldmesh across? It would need
reinforcing across the span, perhaps by some tanalised timber or
angleiron, but should make things very safe. Not exactly beautiful
though

If you must go down the filling in route, how about a temporary fill?
Fold one end of the liner down so it doesn't saturate, line with
carpet or similar and infill with anything. That way it's quite easy
work to reinstate.