Old 17-09-2005, 04:38 PM
~Roy

Well I use various brands of pumps for ponds to pump coolant for my
machine tools and have yet to have a problem, and some of the coolants
I use are much stronger than methanol based fluids........Just use a
mag type pump, so there are no seals involved and I do belive you'll
be all right. I also use a water soluable oil with alchohol added
during extremely colder weather here and its been pumping for over 5
years now............I will say methanol has different reasctions with
some materials than say a petro based product would, but I seriously
doubt windshield washer antifreeze is going to do your pump in.

"The original frugal ponder"