Old 20-09-2005, 09:42 PM
pied piper

"adm" wrote in message
What's the best order to do this in ?

My lawn just got its late summer. early autumn feed a week or so ago, now
I plan to scarify, hollow tine aerate and then top dress it before winter
sets in.

My current plan is to wait for a couple more rainy days so that the
fertiliser is all intot he soil, then cut it as low as possible, scarify
it, then hollow tines aerate it. The guy that does the HTA wants to leave
the corings on the lawn to break down naturally, so I presume I need to
wait for a few more rainfalls to break then down, then go ahead with the
top dressing.

Does this sound about right, or would anyone recommend a different
approach ?

You should have waited til after scarifying and spiking to apply the
fertiliser
Scarify then cut
hollow tine and remove the cores
then seed and top dress