Old 22-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Gail Futoran

[newsgroups trimmed]
wrote in message
oups.com...
eternal glory is mine! i sprouted a rose cutting under a mason jar!

photos include small green insect:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/cutting2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/cutting3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/cutting1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/cutting4.jpg

you all have noooo idea how tempted i am to run out and gather
clippings of every rose plant i have RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

car

Nicely done!

I can't see what kind of insect is in the jar but
some small green insects love munching on
baby leaves. I would be tempted to move the
insect out.

More cuttings are better than fewer, because
some cuttings won't survive past the first
few leaves. OTOH if all your cuttings
survive you have to find places to plant them.

You probably won't want to plant the cuttings
into their permanent home (in ground or in
pot) until spring so you have plenty of time
to baby them along.

Good luck.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8