Old 23-09-2005, 07:10 AM
tvksi

Snooze wrote:

yup, i also tried the baggie method several times and failed always-
the stems and leaves just got moldy and died.mmmsnip-- carl

My green thumb has died. I used to, while triming a rose bush, take the
cuttings and stick them in the ground where I wanted them to live and
they did.

I have air-layered them or taken a long branch of the bush , layed it
on the ground without cutting it off the parent, made a slit in the
stem at the point I chose to start the roots and maybe stick a tooth
pick in the slit to hold it open, put some soil over it, set a brick or
rock on it and it would take root. I have done the zip lock bit but not
much luck and they damp off as i fortget to give them air daily. same
way with the mason jar way. Sometime I dip starts in tea and that
seemed to make it want to root better.

Now i start a plant and a week later even paying won't bring it to
life.
I think I have condfused which time of the moon to do this. Probably
doing it at the wrong time of the moon.
Tvksi/lee