Old 23-09-2005, 10:59 PM
arachne

"Chookie" wrote in message
My Rentachooks arrived today!

Nicely-made coop (though I think the roost is too low, not that there's
anywhere else to put it). Birds are originally from a chook breeder who
sells
to battery farms, and they've been debeaked :-( At least they're going to
have happy lives. One is caramel and the other is more a light rust
colour.
About 22 weeks old; may or may not be laying already; we'll find out
tomorrow
morning. Threw some old cabbage in but the chooks weren't sure if it was
food
or not.

Not named yet. I suggested Caramel and Rusty or Sage and Onion; DH wants
Gregory and Peck (from an episode of Bananas in Pyjamas, but as we don't
have
a rooster that seems inappropriate); DS1 has ultimate naming rights.

i like sage & onion.

cluck. enjoy!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't
get you anywhere." -- Anonymous