Old 12-02-2003, 02:25 AM
zxcvbob

Default Have you ever grown Jerusalem Artichokes?

Mike Davis wrote:

Yes, I know they're not from Jerusalem, nor are they artichokes. ;-)

But, my spouse cooked up a fantastic soup with 'em the other night and it
was so good, I just might consider devoting a bit of garden space to them.

Anyone had experience (good or bad) with them?

--
Mike Davis

I don't think you can devote "a bit" of garden space to them. They
spread like weeds. They look sort of like wild sunflowers, to which
they are closely related. I don't remember what kind of yield I got
when I grew them in a former life.

Best regards,
Bob