Old 29-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Harold Walker

"Jo" wrote in message
I have a conifer which was originally in a small pot display (given to me
as a present a few years ago). The pot got broken and the rest of the
display died. I replanted the conifer in a bed and now it's grown to about
4ft high. It's got a lot larger than I expected. It could do with being
moved over a few feet...would this kill it? I haven't a clue how big the
roots may be and I don't want to kill the tree by moving it. Any advice?

Jo A four feet one is easy to transplant and now is a good time of the
year to do it.....the bigger the root ball you take the better off the
tree will be.....just prepare the new hole first and take it from
there....I would probably dig at least 12 inches away and all round the
trunk base and go at least 18 inches deep for the root ball.....happy
digging...h