Old 01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
benf23 benf23 is offline
Registered User

It is simpler than you think. Try lifting up on the cas tank. After you have removed the three screws holding down the gas tank, lift up on it. It has flanges on the front side of it that slide down into groves on the red flywheel cover, in addition to the screws. Also, once you do that, you will see two more hex-head bolts holding on the flywheel cover. Remove those, and the flywheel cover should come right off as well. At this point, you are able to adjust the magneto gap spacing (which affects the spark) or remove flywheel. Good luck with your maintanance. I have the same engine and have taken it apart twice and rebuilt, but mine is still not running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knowles
As the subject line states, I have a Sears (Tecumseh) Eager-1
Lawnmower Engine on which I am trying to perform some routine
maintenance.

My specific question is, How can I take apart the flywheel cover and
the molded gas and oil tanks?

If anyone has done this before (and I know you're out there, )
would you please walk me through the steps?

I have unscrewed all obvious screws but it does not budge.

Thanks for any help/insight

--Rich K.