Old 03-10-2005, 08:11 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Argo" wrote:

This year has yielded a bumper crop of hazelnuts in my garden. I'd like
to make hazelnut butter (which is awesome - I've made it before) but
I'm only able to make small amounts at any one time. I just get too
tired of cracking the nuts by hand.

My question is - is there such a thing as an automatic or mechanical
cracker that would work well for hazelnuts? Obviously, I wouldn't be
looking for something huge that a manufacturer would use - but
something a step up from a vice-type hand cracker.

Thanks for any tips.

Argo
http://greenrealm.blogspot.com
(a science fantasy)

Inertia crackers are quite popular amoung the Texans that sell pecans
privately:

http://www.inertianutcracker.com/pages/532776/index.htm

http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/Orh3457.htm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...4-0335777-8012