Old 05-10-2005, 03:54 PM
?

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:52:05 +0000 in blass wrote:

I read in the book, Orchids Of Asia by Teoh Eng Soon that green ranges
and green PVC as cover for orchids represses plant growth. Does this
cover green shade cloth rather than a black net? I'm using green shade
net. What's the difference between the two colors?

Remember plant foliage tends towards green because they are pulling
the energy out of the red and blue ends of the spectrum.
I suspect, and will defer to the knowledge of those with greenhouses
and shadehouses, that use of green shade netting will lead to higher
measured light levels, but less light that is useful to the plants.

And on that thought, are there places that sell red/blue shade netting? :-).

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil