Old 05-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Bill

Hi Ted, Your Onc. Sharry Baby was simply "properly grown" which means
that it was left to go rootbound in a small pot & it was never allowed
to dry out. sometimes we will hold a plant that blooms small till
another inflorescence (or two) Sharry Baby when grown in shade will
grow rather than bloom. Also it is possible to get a huge plant by
using excess nitrogen in the fertilizer. (will cause multiple growths
but no bloom) then cut down on nitrogen & give the plant more light &
you can usually get multiple bloom spikes. I specialize in Oncidiinae
Intergenerics & that is why-- they grow very fast & bloom more often
than most genera & the flowers last a long time. Good Growing, Bill