Old 10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Glenn S.

you don't say where you are located or what the winters are like in your
area but from my perspective
(Zone 5 - USA), I have brought some koi fry in for the winter and left
others out in the main pond. The ones that came in did a bit better in
growth (they were fed all winter) but all did equally well in survival. The
only thing I would caution in your case is the depth of the pond - approx
18" - is not very deep for a COLD climate. My pond is 4' (1.3 meters ?) at
the deep end and everyone does quite well.

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK350
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/MB_SLK350_01.html

"gardencottage" wrote in message

We have 2 goldfish and 2 shabumkins
We recently spotted babies - 2 orange and 3 black
They must be at least 2 months old and probably 1.5 inches long
Should we move the babies inside for overwintering?
Our pond is probably just over 1/2 metre deep and the larger goldfish
have survived a few winters now.

--
gardencottage