Old 10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
gardencottage gardencottage is offline
Registered User

Location: Hemel Hempstead
Cool

Quote:
you don't say where you are located or what the winters are like in your area
we are in UK - south. probably doesnt drop below freezing for no more than 12 hours at a time and not very often although everyone says it will be a cold winter this year. our goldfish and shabumkins have survived two fairly mild winters so far.

Quote:
The only thing I would caution in your case is the depth of the pond - approx 18" - is not very deep for a COLD climate.
we reckon its more like 2 feet but still too shallow for babies? what if we got a water heater? i wouldnt know the first thing about keeping fish indoors - do we use a tank?