Old 11-10-2005, 12:17 AM
longgone44 longgone44 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardencottage
we are in UK - south. probably doesnt drop below freezing for no more than 12 hours at a time and not very often although everyone says it will be a cold winter this year. our goldfish and shabumkins have survived two fairly mild winters so far.

we reckon its more like 2 feet but still too shallow for babies? what if we got a water heater? i wouldnt know the first thing about keeping fish indoors - do we use a tank?
Our winters here in SW Ont. Can are colder than yours and I have never brought fish in because of winter and the first year my pond was only 17" - 18" deep and about 200 US gal - that was 11 yrs ago and now have 24" depth and ~1000 gal - with the mild state of your winter as compared to mine all you need is an airline if you don't feel comfortable without something there - IMHO all you need to do is keep a hole open for gas exchange with a fish load that low
Gale :~)