Old 12-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Jupiter

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:07:02 +0000, mcommon
wrote:

Yeah your right, not to hot on these things. It's the pulley at the top
of an enclosed vertical shaft. What looks to have happened is the belts
have got caught up around the pulleys and the bottom pulley has cracked
all the way round the vertical shaft. What i need is a new pulley and
if you say there are two identical belts i need both.

I will try ringing that company tomorrow, thanks for your help.

Let us know how you get on. If Chester can't help, I think the belts
will be a standard size and probably could be sourced elsewhere.
Probably the pulley could too. They're very good machines (they don't
make them like that any more g)). Made when Mountfield WAS
Mountfield. My local dealer tried to sell me a JCB Rotovator for £350
(big reduction). Pressed steel spot-welded construction, single belt
drive down to the axle, lightweight tines. Ughh!!!! I've used my M1
for breaking ground, smashing through tree roots, lifting stones and
broken paving slabs, you name it. Well worth keeping going.