Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
bassett

Small tanks are easy to move, stick a couple of bits of heavy cardboard or
plywood in the tank to act as baffles , and away you go.
bassett

"CanadianCray" wrote in message
.. .
Yup I just do as Netmax said. I drain the water to the same level as the
gravel so it won't move around. Not much weight there to deal with when
moving a 5gal.

"wormsburp" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 5 gallon planted aquarium, and I will be moving in a few
months locally.

I have read that you should completly empty the tank, but I was
wondering if I could leave the substrate alone because it's a small
tank?

I have three inches of substrate, one inch each of clay, soil, and
gravel.

Thanks