Old 13-10-2005, 12:57 AM
San Diego Joe

"gardencottage" wrote:

you don't say where you are located or what the winters are like in your
area

we are in UK - south. probably doesnt drop below freezing for no more
than 12 hours at a time and not very often although everyone says it
will be a cold winter this year. our goldfish and shabumkins have
survived two fairly mild winters so far.

The only thing I would caution in your case is the depth of the pond -
approx 18" - is not very deep for a COLD climate.

we reckon its more like 2 feet but still too shallow for babies? what
if we got a water heater? i wouldnt know the first thing about keeping
fish indoors - do we use a tank?

I'd say 2 feet would be fine. I assume the water never freezes but perhaps
just "glazes over." Goldfish are coldwater fish, and at 1.5 inches should
fair well.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.