Old 13-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Bourne Identity

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 05:31:31 GMT, jOhN
wrote:

Any gardening going on here?

I'm getting ready to wildflower seed the 50ft utility easement behind my
fence. A neighbor a couple of houses down has been able to get a cluster
of bluebonnets going that include the white ones. Its interesting
watching them slowly spread out from the few he started with about 10
years ago.

A few years back a friend gave me a bunch of seed for a "moon" garden.
It turned out to be a variety of white flowers that really did look cool
under the moon.

Admittedly, I have not been doing any gardening at all. My garden, in
a word is a "mess." I am going to overhaul the entire garden this
year. I never watered anything so any plant which didn't make it, is
going on the compost pile. I'm going to be concentrating much more on
vegetables next year and I'll be starting all of my own from seed in
the greenhouse.

I have a nice stand of bluebonnets and finally the Indian paintbrush
is starting to naturalize. It really is an amazing feeling to see
those tiny seedlings form rosettes all winter, waiting for that day
when they all of a sudden turn blue and orange, and it's beautiful.

Good luck on yours.