Old 19-01-2003, 12:28 PM
TheGardener

Default Cyperus papyrus "nanus"

"papa" (remove nospam to reply) wrote in
message ...
I wonder if anyone has experience of growing this. I have rudimentary

and
cursory care tips from thr nursery that I bought them from but would be
grateful for any other info.

regards

Philip

I've grown this plant in the past. I planted it in multi-purpose compost,
and kept the pot constantly in water, feeding it now and again. It needs
warm and bright conditions, so I kept mine in the conservatory. It grew
very well, but I found the stems to be quite weak, and it was always
flopping about, so needed support. It's very easy to propagate, every
rosette which reached the water rooted, and threw up new shoots! I
personally prefer the huge Cyperus papyrus - more my kind of plant!
--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk