Old 19-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Patrick Fischer

Default He's ORANGE!!

Ok. I inherited 3 koi when I bought my house in July 2004. (Two
black/orange/white and one black/orange) I have carefully maintained my
atrium pond and all are doing well. In August 2005 I bought a "bright
yellow" koi and introduced him to the pond. He's growing and seems happy.

I've been feeding them the food that is supposed to "increase the color" and
now I find that my "yellow" is turning "Orange".

My question: Will changing food eventually bring back his original color
and, if so, how soon would that happen? Given that we are approaching the
time when feeding will stop, am I looking at next year?

Pat Fischer
Olalla, WA