Old 21-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Birdwatch survey this weekend

In message , K
writes

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
: In message , HaaRoy
: writes
: the RSPB are doing a survey of birds found in the gardens
: this weekend.
:
: For those interested in such things there is also the similarly named
: Garden Birdwatch run by the BTO (British Trust for Ornithology)
:
: This is an open ended ongoing weekly survey rather than a one off.
:

Yes, I've been participating for about 3 yrs. Results can be submitted on
line now although I haven't tried yet, have you?

Actually we don't partake, though I keep meaning to sign up.......

I don't know why the RSPB can't use the BTO figures. I am sure they do it
just to get extra donations.

Partly maybe, but also it's one off events like this that can help give
publicity to the issues around the decline in bird numbers of many
species etc.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: