Old 12-02-2003, 03:55 AM
CWilde

Default "Snakes" on PBS

I think your reaction might have to do with how much experience you have
with poisonous snakes.

Arizona, somewhere in the late 90's, living on TV guide land, with very
little income. The car was broke down on one of the back roads in the summer
time, gas line leak from the rocks, my ex was trying to fix it with glue,
when a rattlesnake shading himself from the sun snatched the ball cap off
his head.

You don't always hear the rattle.

Carlotta

"Tsu Dho Nimh" wrote in message
Kudzu wrote:

Anybody watching this?

I thought is was way to repetetive, disjointed and dumbed-down.

I noticed while watching the program tonight that when they
played the sound of a rattler, my cats responded and ran out
of the room.

The sound of a rattlesnake can FREEZE a human even if they have
never heard it before. As a child, I was rockhopping down a
talus slope in AZ and heard a very menacing sound coming from
under the rock I had just landed on.

I knew about them, but had never heard or seen one, but the
sound was enough to freeze me in my tracks. My dad located the
snake and fished it out for use to look at, then released it.

The next wild rattler I had a close encounter with was curled
up on my sleeping bag, enjoying the warmth! My dad flipped that
one into the bushes with a shovel, and I slept in the car the
rest of the trip.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both