Old 26-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Nicole H

Default Growing Fall / Winter Vegetables in Southern California

Any cool weather crop......
home vegetable gardening- all the info you need
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/selectnewtopic.garden.htm

Vegetable Research & Info Center from UC Davis
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/usesites/ressite.htm

Another UC Davis site
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/veginfo/veginfor.htm

Site for free printable info from UC Davis (you can also buy books and publications)
http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/InOrder/Shop/Shop.asp

also, check with your county's cooperative extension (every county has one)
If you plan to really get into gardening, buy the
California Master Gardener Handbook (it's great!)

wrote in message ups.com...
Are there any good vegetables I can grow in southern California in the
fall and winter? I'd like vegetables that are high in nutrients and
anti-oxidants.