Old 26-10-2005, 01:18 PM
nic

Default goldfish over winter

Hi,

I have had a pond with two goldfish in it for over four years and have never
cleaned it and never fed the fish. Sometimes the pond looks quite
disgusting, other times it seems to go quite clear. The fish however just
seem to get bigger and bigger. In winter it sometimes freezes over and you
can just about make out the red shape of the fish below the ice. The pond
is about 2 foot deep in places and 5 foot long. There is about 6 inches of
mud and gunk at the bottom.

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
Hi

I moved into this house a few months ago and inherited a pond with about
20 goldfish in it. the pond is about 12" deep 20' long and 6' wide, it is
quarter filled with lilies and other plants.
I do not have a clue of how to look after them properly, they are lovely
to look at and I would be hurt if anything happened to them. I read that
I should stop feeding them from November to April, is that correct? I am
so busy dealing with urgent repairs that I have not got round to the fish
yet, the place is so overgrown that I cannot even find the pump. Apart
from finding more time, what is the best thing I can start with? I live
in the south of England and we have very mild winters generally.

Regards

Charlie