Old 27-10-2005, 09:57 PM
OrchidKitty

Default Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

About four years ago, I bought an Oncidium (reclassified as a
Tulumnia) Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant' from Carter & Holmes. This small
plant is still small, but it has more than tripled its leaf count. It
has, alas, yet to bloom. It is in S/H media and has good roots and
densely packed healthy leaves. For the past two years, it's been
outdoors for the summer (New England, USA) and indoors for the winter
in a south-facing window or under a 400-watt MH light. I've tried a
variety of fertilizers, including "bloom busters," but to no avail. It
experiences the same day/night temperature variation as my plants in
the Cattleya family, and they're blooming or in sheath. So, what am I
doing wrong? Is there a trick to getting this stubborn little plant to
bloom?