Old 28-10-2005, 05:35 PM
K Barrett

Default Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

Ray wrote:
I have the same plant - growing in a slat basket of coconut husk fiber - and
growing up very high in the GH to get maximum light, and I fertilize it at
every watering with 125 ppm N using the MSU RO formula. It is also in a
breeze, so dries out rapidly.

About 6 weeks ago or so (8-10?), it had five spikes all in full bloom.

I would guess yours simply does not yet have the "mass" needed to bloom, so
patience is the key.

I thought your web page on s/h specifically stated tolumnias don't like
s/h culture, I believe the quote is " DO NOT try any tolumnias in S/H
culture - they just don't go for it!"

Have you changed your mind?

K Barrett