Old 29-10-2005, 12:21 AM
K Barrett

Default Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

? wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:35:01 -0700 in K Barrett wrote:

Ray wrote:

I have the same plant - growing in a slat basket of coconut husk fiber - and
growing up very high in the GH to get maximum light, and I fertilize it at
every watering with 125 ppm N using the MSU RO formula. It is also in a
breeze, so dries out rapidly.

About 6 weeks ago or so (8-10?), it had five spikes all in full bloom.

I would guess yours simply does not yet have the "mass" needed to bloom, so
patience is the key.

I thought your web page on s/h specifically stated tolumnias don't like
s/h culture, I believe the quote is " DO NOT try any tolumnias in S/H
culture - they just don't go for it!"

When did "slat basket of coconut husk fibre" become SH?

Although I expect to be dividing my Tolumnia popoki sooner or later
and trying a division in a SH pot directly in front of a fan.

It isn't s/h. That's why I asked for clarification. OrchidKitty said
s/he was growing his/her Tolumnia in s/h. I knew (from reading Rays
site recently) that he didn't believe they did well in s/h, so I asked
for clarification. He's allowed to change his mind, *G*. OrchidKitty
replied that s/he is growing the orchid in full s/h, not just the
medium... so there we are.

YMMV

K Barrett