Old 29-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Ray

Default Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

You are correct, Kathy. I still do not recommend it, but I don't recommend
vandaceous in S/H either, and I know of lots of folks who grow them that
way.

My guess is that it depends a great deal upon the growing conditions (my
very humid greenhouse versus a drier windowsill, for example) or how
rigorously folks stick to the full regime of "semi-hydroponics." I have run
into a lot of folks who use the LECA media in pots with a built-in
reservoir, but water so sparingly and infrequently that it really isn't S/H
culture at all, just "regular" orchid culture with different components.

I am not saying that is the case with OK's Kitty Crocker, but it does seem
to be pushing the envelope a bit.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
Absolutely not.

The original post said it was in S/H medium, which I took as "...but not
in S/H" as I'm fairly certain they wouldn't do that well.

I have some Ascocentrum garayi seedlings in clay pots with PrimeAgra that
are doing great.

But OrchidKitty further clarified, that they are growing for him/her.

Just so I'm clear that you still don't recommend S/H for tolumnias.