Old 30-10-2005, 04:58 PM
?

Default Herbs was Oncidium/Tulumnia Kitty Crocker 'Rose Giant'

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:59:56 -0500 in Ray wrote:

Another alternative is simply a shallow dish of perlite with the fertilizer
solution soaked in it, although I'm intrigued by the gel concept Ted
mentioned. Obviously agar would be good as a gelling agent, but would corn
starch or arrow root work, as well?

For direct sowing into SH , basil was entirely too successful. Probably
because the seeds get covered in gel when wetted.
I wonder if the fibre one gets from flax seeds would work as a gelling
agent for direct sowing into SH for other seeds. I do know it seems
to improve my germination rates for wheat grass.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil