Old 31-10-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Tecumseh Engine won't keep running

I have the same problem . My husband took apart the float assembly and found
the float hard a leak in it . It could not float so the gas did not flow in
.. It was a real pain getting the float out and in again . ( patience ( their
is a needle valve attached to the top of the float that goe up in to adjust
gas flow . It is free seated on top and it take a stedy hand and we used
hemostats to slide the pin back in which hold the floats on . If you have
any more questions drop us a line and we could go into more detail . The
flaot only costs a few dollars but it did the trick a pin hole caused it to
fill up with gas and it stayed down floading the engine. It works great now

"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:51:26 -0400, Terry Cox
wrote:

I just purchased an old Ariens lawn mower today at a yard sale with a
Tecumseh 5 Hp engine. My husband got it started, but it won't
continue to run without pushing the primer button. Any ideas?

Try loosening the gas cap to see if the gas tank is building
pressure preventing gas flow.

Thunder