Old 31-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Jay

Default imidocloprid and pH

all pesticides are Ph sensitive

if it is too alkaline you begin to breakdown the molecule

there is much writing about this on the net

very hard water will also bind up with the pesticide and prevent it from
working

J7

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Pat Brennan wrote:
This quarter's 'Phalaenopsis' has an interesting quote from Allen of Gold
Country

"Tristar is a product that is similar to Marathon or Merit. It's an
insecticide that works well on scale or mealy bug. But if you don't
bring the pH down to 6.2, it's not very effective. And the nice thing is
that they don't tell you that on the label. It is available on line."

Maybe this is why I have had mixed results with Marathon. I make and use
different waters. Unless the label has water requirements I mix
chemicals with whatever water is in the tanks.

Pat

I saw the same quote. Interesting isn't it? I know Helen and Maynard
Michel have had the same lack of results with both marathon and
enstarII.... I wonder if they know about pH.

K Barrett