Old 09-11-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Frost bitten cactus getting brown, what shall I do next?

Well I left my columnar fence post type cactus out when it frosted and
now some of the cactus is turning brown. I'm not sure of the species,
but it's a very common variety. In any case I'd love some advice on
what to do next. %80 of the cactus is fine (it stands about 4 feet
tall) but the top sections are pretty brown and getting rotten. Should
I remove the rotted sections of the cactus or leave them? Will leaving
the rotted sections create problems for the rest of the cactus? Any
advice will be very helpful. I've learned my lesson this time. Thanks!!!