Old 11-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Frost bitten cactus getting brown, what shall I do next?

You better bring them indoors today.

I brought all my tender plants indoors before Halloween.

"madgardener" wrote in message
just a quick question, Cereus......I have many kinds of thorny
Euphorbia's. (their names are on the pieces of vinyl blinds the gardener
wrote them on and it's 2 a.m, and I'm too tired to go out there and hunt
for them in the dark) I have the variegated one that is white on one side
and green on the other (don't flame me, I am just burnt out and don't feel
like writing their specific names.....) I have one that has reddish yellow
leaves, no spines, all kinds of them. I have left them outside and it's
getting down to 35o tonight. You think I've done terminal damage to them?
I've got to prepare a good spot for them to winter in this dry house with
inadequate sunlight and inadequate windows. Where would YOU put them for
the winter in a dry, electric heat pump heated house for the winter if
they managed to go unscathed in these sparce cold snaps? The last cold was
a dry cold as we were in a drought for over two months, but tonight it's
humid because we finally got some rain last night and I never
thought.............I just need your feedback on a better location to put
them. I do have very sunny southern window in den, and florescent lights
in the downstairs that are two foot from the top of a chest of drawers I
place a thick plastic tray on top of to catch moisture. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Tomorrow the Euphorbia's come inside is why I am
asking. If I haven't managed to kill the red one I will be thankful. The
two toned white and green one I can replace if I have lost it. I
apparently have over 11 different kinds of Euphorbia's and I might have
more than that if I counted them..........I'll describe the rest tomorrow
to give you an idea. thanks for your patience and expertise.
madgardener zone 7, Eastern Tennessee, Sunset zone 36
"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in
message ...
That would be Euphorbia trigona.

http://images.google.com/images?q=eu...earch+Image s

Since its a tropical species and not at all cold hardy, you probably
succeeded in killing it all by yourself.

Trying to save it is a waste of time.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually you are right. It appears to be a Euphorbia Trigonum. If not
it's very close to it. Would that change the scenario at all? Thanks
for your quick reply!