Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Hemmaholic

Default Dug up my Iris bulbs, but too late to plant...now what? Help please!

Trim back all the foliage on the Iris to 3 to 4 inches, you can
generally just pull the outer leaves off, and trim the remaining in the
shape on an inverted "V".

"Tiger Lilies" can be moved in the very early spring as can the
daylilies, which can also be divided as well. I almost always dig and
divide my daylilies in the very early spring and have found that the
plants suffer very little set-back. (Unless the divisions are really
small ones).

You will no doubt be finding young "Tiger Lilies" coming up in the old
location this coming summer and next. You may also find them several
feet away from the original location. These will be new plants that
have grown from the small black bulbils that develop in the leaf axis
of the "Tiger Lilies". These bulbils can be either a blessing or a
curse!

Hemma