Old 14-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Default How to Winterize Jasmine and Rosemary Indoor?

I would like to winterize two jasmine plants and two rosemary plants
indoor.

I had put a jasmine in a south facing window in the last winter. It
rebounded quite well after the winter despite the fact that It didn't
do so well during the winter. But I am running out of south facing
window for the second jasmine plant. I am looking for a different way
to winterize it. Can I simply put it in a dark unheated basement and
let it go dormant? What should I do to prepare it to go dormant? What
need to be done during the winter? And how to re-commission it after
the winter?

I have the exact same question in winterizing two rosemary. I will put
one in a south facing window near a baseboard heater just like what I
will do for one of the jasmine. And I intend to put the second
rosemary plant in the dark unheated basement. How exactly should I do
this?

Thanks.

Jay Chan