Old 14-11-2005, 05:09 PM
simy1

Default How to Winterize Jasmine and Rosemary Indoor?

wrote:

I have the exact same question in winterizing two rosemary. I will put
one in a south facing window near a baseboard heater just like what I
will do for one of the jasmine. And I intend to put the second
rosemary plant in the dark unheated basement. How exactly should I do
this?

Thanks.

Jay Chan

for the rosemary, you have two ways.

1) alternate the plants on the window, every 15 days. They will emerge
from the winter weakened
but alive.

2) cut down the basement rosemary to the branches (freeze the trimmings
you get for use thru the winter). It should go dormant for the
duration.

also, you can leave the rosemary outside longer than the other
houseplants, and likewise put it outside earlier than the other plants.
My rosemary is still outside, and usually goes outside in April. A
light frost is fine.