Old 14-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Mark Anderson

Default How to Winterize Jasmine and Rosemary Indoor?

In article says...
2) cut down the basement rosemary to the branches (freeze the trimmings
you get for use thru the winter). It should go dormant for the
duration.

Is this true for other perennials. In particular I'd like to get my
pineapple sage to overwinter but, due to their size, I can't put them
under lights or in any window. These plants can't survive the hard
freezes we get here in Chicago -- even if the plant is in the ground so
basically they're annuals here. I do take cuttings and get a lot of
plants next Spring but it would be very convenient if I could make some
of these in containers go dormant and stick them in a cool dark place
for the winter. Do I have to make sure these don't dry out too much? I
was considering chopping them down soon since snow is expected here
Wednesday and that will be that for any plants left outside.