Old 26-11-2005, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default At what temperature does grass start growing?

The message .com
from "Harris_Tweed" contains these words:

One of the few consolations of winter is that we can put away our lawn
mowers for a few months. However, as we all know, lawns will put on a
little growth during spells of mild winter weather. I remember
somebody telling me, donkey's years ago, that grass starts growing at a
precise temperature ...somewhere in the 50s Fahrenheit, if I remember
correctly. Does anyone know the precise figure?

You should ask The Boy - you know he always solves your cases...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/