Old 29-11-2005, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default illegal orchids or orchid smuggling.....

I was going to say that I didn't know those dna fingerprint test kits were
available at our local drugstores yet.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Ted (I dream of things never heard of and ask 'Why not'?)Byers wrote:
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..

[swnip]
As to your second point I agree. IMHO this policy changes the job
description from orchid judge to orchid cop, something I'm not trained
for. Its frustrating. How are you going to know beyond a shadow of a
doubt (or a preponderance of the evidence) that a plant was made with
hangianum? How are you going to know if that isn't mere jealousy? People
have been sued for less, or so I'm told.

Use of science! DNA fingerprinting should offer a reasoable means of
determining parentage, but based on a balance of probabilities. [snip]
Cheers,

Ted

Ha! Dude, you bogart! Pass some of what you're smoking to the rest of the
crowd! LOL!!

By the time the DNA comes back the show would be over and flower will have
faded.

K Barrett