Old 30-11-2005, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)

Default Adding nitrates without adding Ca, Mg or K

George Pontis wrote:
Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies) wrote:

Is there a way ?

Philippe

The only other compound that is a likely candidate would be sodium
nitrate. The others are poisonous, expensive, or unavailable.

If this is for a planted tank, what's wrong with readily available
potassium nitrate ? Usually a planted tank needs more potassium than
nitrate, so you use KNO3 to supply as much nitrate as needed and add
more KCl to get the K up to target.

I add some KH2PO4 and my K is nearly at 60 ppm.
Perhaps, shall I reduce TMG and Profito supplies
but how be sure that traces are sufficient ?

Thanks again !

Philippe